Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hawaiian Scrappy Quilt- Center Complete

I finished sewing the blocks together this afternoon! I'm really enjoying how this quilt is turning out. The picture, taken in a poorly lit room, doesn't really do the colors justice. The quilt is bright, but not as crazy busy as I expected it to be. I think there are enough dark prints that the diversity of colors and prints don't become too overwhelming. With the two layers of fabric, it is already heavy and much larger than I originally planned. I'm really very pleased with the outcome.

Here's a funny close up of a block:



I went to the quilt shop this afternoon and found a great jumbo scale orange floral that I'm going to use for an inner border. (I know that jumbo scale orange floral probably sounds like a crazy choice, but it looks amazing! Then assuming that I don't hate it when it arrives, I'm using the ocean print that I linked to in my last post as a larger border. I really hope that ocean print looks good, but if not I'm not going to worry about it. I could finish this quilt now without a border and it would still work. :)

My goal is to have this top finished by next Saturday when I'll see mom and can hand it over for machine quilting. After today's bit of sewing, I'm sure that I'll be able to make that goal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home