Saturday, May 27, 2006

What have I got myself into?

I guess it began with the Dress a Day blog. I began imagining how nice it would be to have clothes that fit perfectly and were in the styles and colors I liked. I reasoned that since I know how to quilt and I have made clothes before, a dress and a vest, I could make clothes again if I just carefully read the directions.

But now I find myself at the beginning of several sewing projects and I'm thinking...was I insane? Patterns were 99cents today so I bought three. We won't even talk about the dress yet that I bought the scary slippery fabric for (though I will say that I bought the cheapest fabric in the store, so that if it goes horribly, I can throw it away without remorse.) For the blouse pattern, I bought some muslim so that I could make a practice blouse first before I cut into some of my quilting stash. I hope that works out.

I bought some silk brocade for pillows and purses. I'm finding though that when I sew it there are big stich marks at the seams? This is freaking me out. Maybe I'm not used to sewing with this particular fabric, so I'm being too sensitive? I'm using a Sharps 80/12 sewing needle and polyester wrapped cotton thread. Does that sound right?

I'm very nervous about this sewing all of a sudden, but I think I'll try to get the muslim blouse done this weekend since that looks to be the easiest thing. Then maybe I'll feel confident enough to attack the scary slippery fabric.

I'll post pictures if it comes out...if you never hear about this again...well then you'll know these projects tanked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home