Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bags for Halloween

When I visited mom's this weekend, I managed to wander off with a bolt of Halloween fabric. Gee, I wonder how that happened? So, I made my nieces Trick-or-Treat bags for Halloween.



Here's a close up shot of the fabric. I think it's pretty cute.



My nieces seem to like them.

Without thinking, I sewed a 1/4 inch seam. I don't often sew for anything other than quilting. Still, I don't feel too badly about that. I didn't really make the bags expecting that they would hold up to much abuse (and won't they make cute patches in a memory quilt later!) If I had more time, I might have put in a lining and been more careful about sewing the handles on in perfect squares. As it is, I made both bags in little more than an hour, which is good since I only had an hour.

A little note on this blog--this blog is intended mostly for mom (she's been telling me for awhile now that she wants a website). However her time is short and technical difficulties seem to be abundant, so we will take this slowly. In the mean time, I hope to post a few times. I don't have a lot of time for sewing now since I'm working full time and taking graduate classes at night, but I do have a few projects I hope to finish. (Ooops, sorry about that! Here I am, only barely writing the first real entry and already I'm using the "F" word, Finish. Sends chills down the spine, doesn't it!) I have a Halloween/Autumn quilt that I'll be putting up on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home